Monday, June 11, 2012

Draculaura - Friendship Monsters

I've recently been turned into MLP -FIM having put it on for my daughter to watch. She loves it and it Quickly grew on me as well. I love all the friendship lessons. It's just so darn adorable. We still haven't seen season two, hopefully we can soon.
Of course, right away I wanted to make Bunny and myself a pony plush, though anything I make for myself ususally ends up belonging to Bunny. ^_~

Being that I am a pretty big MonsterHigh nerd the inspiration came easily. 

Here is Draculaura Pony! And my Bunny just LOVE her. She played with it, cuddled it, compared it to her action figure Ponies, took her dolls for rides and then took it to bed! 

IMAG1866


Of course there is so much that went wrong, she is by far purfect. I have a lot to work on with hair, and technique and possibly working out my own pattern. 



This Pony was made with a pattern I came across on DA posted by Voodoo-Tiki 



My Little Pony pattern 1 by ~Voodoo-Tiki on deviantART

Very much appreciated! 

I'm hoping my next pony will look a bit better. I've never worked with cuddleplush  before, but I had bought some in hopes of making a few plush a while back - totally forgot what I wanted to make originally. doh! 
 I didn't use any interfacing and some of the pattern pieces lost  their shape- so the pony is a bit disfigured, though I'm not sure you can really tell. I can. XD Doesn't make a difference to Bunny though, she loves it.  yay! 

First custom pony


I'm really quite proud of the cutie mark. It's hand embroidered. and I think I did a pretty swell job. =p 
I think I could of drawn the design better, but I'm quite happy with how it filled in. 

The hair on the other hand.. I'm not sure why I did it that way, seemed like a good idea in my head, until I drew it out and sewed it together and then I was like... hum.. not so much. 
I definitely want to try something different the second time round.
I also totally forgot to add the eyelashes in. It's no wonder her eyes looked a little funny to me. haha. 

Ride Doll Ride

Eyes are made out of fleece, handstiched to the pony. 

Draculaura pony

Draculaura says "this is my pony" =p

Draculaura's little pony

I was way to lazy to put clothes on her, so my apologies for doll nudity. lol  I still thought the pic was cute. 
Shes' currently my model for a Pikachu Romper I'm working on that I had taken off the night before to take in.  


I had a great time working on this pony and I really can't wait to make another one! Already cut the pieces out this time I'm using some interfacing.  I'm working with some Purple cuddleplush so maybe I'll try to put together an Operetta?



Operetta Pony by ~dead-kittens3 on deviantART


In the meantime, here is some of my favorite Draculaura pony art on DA. 
Enjoy! 








Draculaura Pony by ~RemixPop122 on deviantART
Draculaura Pony by ~dead-kittens3 on deviantART
Pinkielaura 1 by ~enchantress41580 on deviantART
Draculaura by ~assassin-kitty on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment