Friday, December 9, 2011

Looks like we are going to have a DIY xmas~

We recently moved into a house and we finally have room for a Xmas tree! Whoot!
It's our first one, and how exiting we get to decorate outside too.
But. ... BUt BUT. All that Xmas Deco cost really adds up! We spent $140 on the tree, lights, and a few ornaments, wrapping paper, ribbons, bows. Sadly, we really can't afford to trow any more money at it. SO! The rest is up to me! How much can I really do by Christmas, without spending any more money.
Hurm.. Well.. I do have a huge tote full of fabric, and a few other crafty things lying around. I need to get my creative wheels turning.

I already made some Xmas wall deco! It was super cheap and super quick!
Hurray for upcycling!

I just took some boxes and wrapped them. Pulled out some old Ribbons I've had sitting in my craft boxes and....
whoo! Project!

Viola!

Wall Art!

Cheap Xmas deco


I also picked up some cheap ornaments from the dollar store and put together my own Wreath!
All you have to do is glue the ornament tops and use some wire. I used 16 gauge, since i had some lying around, but you can also use a hanger.

DIY xmas

It came out alot smaller than I thought, though. Totally didn't judge that right.

Smaller than I thought. XD

Still, we have a wreath and it was about $5. WhooT!

My daughter and I also made some outdoor deco using cardboard, felt and glitter!

2011-12-09_17-02-59_346.jpg

She also helped hang them! Can you tell which one she hanged!? [The one near the bottom of the door. XD]]

My home made xmas deco

Here's our lovely Xmas tree with the decorations we did get to buy.

It's a dolly Xmas

Needless to say , we didn't get an angel, but no worries! Darlene to the rescue!
She is a BBB pixie, wearing an amazing outfit by lovely DOA member Poetic Soul!
and she's the closest thing I have to an Angel! I just need to make her some wings!

2011-12-09_17-02-06_597.jpg

I also didn't want to spend the money on a tree skirt, but I found a good size remnant of some Faux fur in my fabric totes! And that worked!

2011-12-09_17-01-43_503.jpg

Gweni and I had fun wrapping presents and sticking them under the tree.
She went a lil crazy with the tape and bows. Two bows for every gift! ^_^

wrapping gifts~

I still have some time and I want to try to make some birds to hang on the tree.
Oh there's so much that I want to do, will I be able to!?
We'll see.

Thanks for reading,

-Catzi

No comments:

Post a Comment