IF your looking for a smaller ready to print pattern you can find one here (1/6scale size).
This pattern is not my own, but a vintage simplicity pattern from my collection. I'm not claiming it as my own but if you do use this pattern please link back to my blog. I'd really appreciate it and I'd love to see your projects. I'd like to see how the pattern works out for someone who actually has a doll to try it on, as I won't be getting mine till next year. Plus showing appreciation is incentive for me to upload more patterns! **
You can get a copy of the pattern here, if you download each picture it should be ready to print out with seam allowance for a SD16Scale doll. (Or you can resize it using paint. I can't tell you what percentage though as I just played around with it till bust measurements fit near what I was looking for.) The pattern does call for darts on the front piece which I did not draw in, however if you look closely at the front pattern piece you should be able to notice that the line is not straight on the center front seam, the part where it cuts off is where the dart should go in.
I took some pictures to show some sewing how-to. I'm not the greatest at explaining things but I hope it helps for those who need some kind of sewing direction.
**Sorry for the poor picks, I took them quickly with my phone and they didn't come out to great. My Camera is on the Fritz Right now so It's sucky. T_T
Start by cutting your peices, XD easiest step ever!
I cut the pockets out of felt as it's easier to sew, I have tons of felt and wanted to put a bit to use and I liked them being a different color since I noticed in my smaller jumpers the pockets just kinda disappeared with the print. I wanted them to really pop, and now.. they do. XD
I'm thinking of making her a lil felt hat to match, but that's for another blog. Moving on.
I started with the back pieces and sewed down the center back about half way up, leaving the rest to add closure. (I use velcro as that's all I know how to use right now with doll clothes)
Then I added the back facings.
I never thought I'd be adding facings to doll clothes, but it really makes a difference. ^_^
Then I took the front pieces and sewed down the center seam. Don't forget to clip the curves. That also helps! ^^
Then I added the front facing. Again it helps to clip your curves.
I did a total guess work on the darts, and just sewed them in.
They were more inward instead of upward towards the bustline, I might fix it if it looks relaly off when I get my doll. Best thing to do is take the time to draw out a test dart on your piece (use chalk) and then drape it on your doll pinching the dart mark to see how it fits. You should be able to get a good placement line. Or you can drape it on the doll and then draw the dart.
Here's a close up of my dart, too inward, needs to be angled up more.
After I've preped the front piece I add the pockets.
Take your front and back pieces and sew them together, you will notice that the front piece is slightly larger than the back piece.
This is ok. Match up sides one at a time, don't sew it up and cut off what you think is "extra" on the front piece. If you do then it won't fit your doll.
After sewing it together I hem the legs.
After you hem the legs you can sew up the crotch.
Then turn your peice, add velcro, straps and buttons and your all done!
Here's Diego (my SD poor sculpt dressform)
He doesn't seem to pull anything off well. But I love this jumper.
Thanks for reading!