Monday, May 3, 2010

Lolita Bonnet~ =O

So I've always fancied Bonnets. I use to have some prairie ones back when I was in HS and I loved wearing them. Somehow after HS I guess I thought they were uncool and I gave them away, but I really do love bonnets. Especially the fancy ones. So I got this idea to make one... outa cardboard.
I've got tons of fabrics from unfinished projects, so I went for it.
I couldn't didn't decide what shape I wanted to take on, but I went for a pretty basic just round the head half bonnet. (the back of the head shows)


Photobucket
So then I start with hotglue and some quilters batting, then onto the fabric, which the hotglue didn't work so well for the fabric and I burned myself so many times (one is really going to scar) that I think the next time I make one of these I'm just going to do it the long way and handsew it.

Photobucket
Then I added some lace.
Photobucket
Was a lil more careful hot gluing the inside fabric by pinning it all down first, then taking it section by section. I still think that hand sweing it would probably be easier and look better. (but this was just a quick experimental project)
Photobucket


Finally I did a lil decorating with more lace and ribbons, and I think it's neat. NOw I want to make a dress to match it, call myself a lolita, and see what happens. ^_~

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I'm not really finished with it yet. I want to add a lil more decora, and I want to make the ribbons to tie the bonnet to the head out of fabric. Right now I just have ribbons on it- but I want a thicker look.

I think it turned out great and I want to make more. So now I'm going for a walk and while I'm walking I'll brainstorm more ideas. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment